Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
4 small thin minute steaks (about 450 g)
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
1 egg, lightly beaten
235 ml crushed lamb scratchings (about 85 g)
120 ml double cream
60 g cream cheese
60 ml beef fat
2 to 3 tablespoons water
2 to 3 dashes Worcestershire sauce
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the air fryer to 204 º C.
- Working one at a time, place the steak between two sheets of parchment paper and use a meat mallet to pound to an even thickness.
- In a small bowl, combine the salt, pepper, and garlic power. Season both sides of each steak with the mixture.
- Place the egg in a small shallow dish and the lamb rinds in another small shallow dish. Dip each steak first in the egg wash, followed by the lamb scratchings, pressing lightly to form an even coating. Working in batches if necessary, arrange the steaks in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Air fry for 10 minutes until crispy and cooked through.
- To make the cream gravy: In a heavy-bottomed pot, warm the cream, cream cheese, and beef fat over medium heat, whisking until smooth. Lower the heat if the mixture begins to boil. Continue whisking as you slowly add the water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the sauce reaches the desired consistency. Season with the Worcestershire sauce and salt and pepper to taste. Serve over the chicken fried steaks.