Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 11 to 13 minutes
450 g beef mince
1½ teaspoons sea salt, plus more for seasoning
1 large egg, beaten
1 teaspoon gelatin
180 ml Parmesan cheese
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Avocado oil spray
Keto-friendly marinara sauce, for serving
170 g courgette noodles, made using a spiralizer or store-bought
- Place the beef mince in a large bowl, and season with the salt.
- Place the egg in a separate bowl and sprinkle with the gelatin. Allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Stir the gelatin mixture, then pour it over the ground beef. Add the Parmesan, garlic, and Italian seasoning. Season with salt and pepper.
- Form the mixture into 1½-inch meatballs and place them on a plate; cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Spray the meatballs with oil. Set the air fryer to 204 º C and arrange the meatballs in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Air fry for 4 minutes. Flip the meatballs and spray them with more oil. Air fry for 4 minutes more, until an instant-read thermometer reads 72 º C. Transfer the meatballs to a plate and allow them to rest.
- While the meatballs are resting, heat the marinara in a saucepan on the stove over medium heat.
- Place the courgette noodles in the air fryer, and cook at 204 º C for 3 to 5 minutes. 8. To serve, place the courgette noodles in serving bowls. Top with meatballs and warm marinara.