Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 22 minutes
2 tablespoons balsamic
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon granulated sweetener
1 teaspoon minced garlic
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
180 ml extra-virgin olive oil
450 g boneless rump steak
Avocado oil spray
1 small red onion, cut into ¼-inch-thick rounds
170 g baby spinach
120 ml cherry tomatoes, halved
85 g blue cheese, crumbled
- In a blender, combine the balsamic vinegar, red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, sweetener, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper and process until smooth. With the blender running, drizzle in the olive oil. Process until well combined. Transfer to a jar with a tight-fitting lid, and refrigerate until ready to serve (it will keep for up to 2 weeks).
- Season the steak with salt and pepper and let sit at room temperature for at least 45 minutes, time
- Set the air fryer to 204 º C. Spray the steak with oil and place it in the air fryer basket. Air fry for 6 minutes. Flip the steak and spray it with more oil. Air fry for 6 minutes more for medium-rare or until the steak is done to your liking.
- Transfer the steak to a plate, tent with a piece of aluminum foil, and allow it to rest.
- Spray the onion slices with oil and place them in the air fryer basket. Cook at 204 º C for 5 minutes. Flip the onion slices and spray them with more oil. Air fry for 5 minutes more.
- Slice the steak diagonally into thin strips. Place the spinach, cherry tomatoes, onion slices, and steak in a large bowl. Toss with the desired amount of dressing. Sprinkle with crumbled blue cheese and serve.