Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 2-3 minutes
½ cup almond meal
1 tbsp. linseed meal
¼ cup raw sugar
2 tbsp. crystallized ginger, chopped finely
½ cup buckwheat flour
¼ cup brown rice flour
2 tbsp. arrowroot flour
2 tbsp. organic baking powder
½ tsp. ground ginger
12 tsp. ground cinnamon
Pinch of salt
1 large organic egg
7 tbsp. almond milk
¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 tsp. organic vanilla extract
1 small apple, peeled, cored and chopped finely
1 cup rhubarb, sliced finely
- Set the oven to 350F. Grease 8 cups of a large muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, mix together almond meal, linseed meal, sugar, and crystalized ginger.
- In another bowl, put together flours, baking powder, spices, and salt, and mix.
- Sift the flour mixture into the bowl of almond meal mixture and mix well.
- In a third bowl, add egg, milk, oil, and vanilla and beat till well combined.
- Add egg mixture into the flour mixture and mix till well combined.
- Fold in apple and rhubarb.
- Place the mixture into prepared muffin cups equally.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes or till a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Total Fat: 4.2g
Total Carbs: 26.9g