Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
1 cup whole-wheat flour
1 cup all-purpose unbleached flour
¼ cup ground almonds
4 egg whites
3 ounces mascarpone cheese
1 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
2 tsp. apple juice
1 tbsp. butter
¼ cup honey
- Strain together both types of flour in a large bowl. Mix in the almonds.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg whites, cheese, oil, and juice on medium speed with an electric mixer.
- Put the flour, and egg white mixture with a dough hook on medium speed or by hand until a dough forms.
- Boil 1 gallon water in a medium-size saucepot. Take a scoop of dough and use a second spoon to push it into the boiling water. Cook up to the dumpling floats to the top, at least 5 to 10 minutes. You can cook several dumplings at once — just take care not to crowd the pot.
- Take off with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Warm a medium-size sauté pan on medium-high heat.
- Add the butter, then put the dumplings in the pan and cook until light brown.
- Set on serving plates and drizzle with honey.
Fat: 6.4 g
Protein: 7 g
Sodium: 20 mg
Fiber: 3.5 g
Carbohydrate: 44 g