Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
1 pound sea scallops, cleaned
Freshly ground black pepper
8 tbsp. butter, divided
2 tsp. minced garlic
Juice of 1 lemon
2 tsp. chopped fresh basil
1 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
- Pat the scallops dry with paper towels and season them lightly with pepper.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat and add 2 tbsp. of butter.
- Arrange the scallops in the skillet, evenly spaced but not too close together, and sear each side until they are golden brown, about 2½ minutes per side.
- Remove the scallops to a plate and set aside.
- Add the remaining 6 tbsp. of butter to the skillet and sauté the garlic until translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the lemon juice, basil, and thyme and return the scallops to the skillet, turning to coat them in the sauce.
- Serve immediately.