Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 45-55 minutes
For dry Ingredients:
1 cup coconut flour
2 tsp. ground nutmeg
2 tbsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. ground mace
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. baking soda
¼ tsp. sea salt
4 large sweet potatoes, peeled, thinly sliced
8 large eggs
1 cup almond butter
2 tsp. organic almond extract
8 tbsp. melted grass fed butter, unsalted
4 tbsp. coconut oil
- Grease 2 loaf pans of 9 x 5 inches with coconut oil. Line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add sweet potatoes. Pour enough water to cover the sweet potatoes. Cook until the sweet potatoes are tender.
- Turn off the heat and drain the sweet potatoes.
- Add the sweet potatoes back into the pan. Mash with a potato masher until smooth. Let it cool completely.
- Put all together the dry ingredients into a bowl and mix well.
- Add eggs into a large bowl and whisk well. Add sweet potatoes, butter, almond extract and almond butter and whisk until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients into the bowl of wet ingredients and whisk until well combined.
- Divide the batter into the prepared loaf pans.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F for about 45 -55 minutes or a toothpick when inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Slice with a sharp knife into slices of 1-inch thickness.
Calories: 1738 kcal
Protein: 27 g
Fat: 145.92 g
Carbohydrates: 89.58 g