Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
2 dry baby leaves
1 thinly sliced medium onion
5 pods of slightly crushed green cardamom
1 ½ cups of Basmati rice (rinsed in a colander and soaked in water for about 30 minutes, or more)
½ cup of chopped and packed dill leaves
¼ cup of raw pistachios (or more for garnish)
3 cups of vegetable stock or water
½ tsp. of turmeric
1 tsp. of vegetable oil
Salt, to taste
Ground black pepper (to taste)
- In a large saucepan, warm the oil and add the cardamom. Heat it for about 1 minute until it turns slightly brown and add the onion. Sauté for about 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in the dill leaves, turmeric and pistachios. Then add the rice and stir-fry for about 1 minute.
- Mix the vegetable stock, black pepper and salt to taste, stir it well and bring it to a boil.
- Cover the pan using lid and cook over medium-low heat for about 15 minutes.
- Take it off from the heat then set aside the rice (covered) for about 10 minutes. Then fluff it with a fork and add more pistachios as garnish, if you desire.
Calories: 90 kcal
Protein: 3.36 g
Fat: 5.08 g
Carbohydrates: 8.39 g