Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 12 minutes
¼ cup & 1 tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil
8 cups of red cabbage, thinly sliced
1 cup of walnuts
1 Tbsp. of crumbled blue cheese
1 tbsp. of Dijon mustard
3 tbsp. of pure maple syrup
3 tbsp. of red wine vinegar
1 tsp of butter
¼ tsp of salt
¼ tsp of freshly ground pepper
2 thinly sliced scallions
For the vinaigrette:
1.Blend the blue cheese, ¼ cup of olive oil, mustard, vinegar, salt, and pepper in a food processor or blender until the mixture has a creamy consistency.
For the salad:
2. Place a parchment paper near the stove.
3. Heat 1 tbsp. Of oil over medium heat in a medium-sized skillet and stir in the walnuts, cooking them for about 2 minutes.
4. Now mix salt and pepper, drizzle maple syrup and cook for about 3-5 minutes while stirring the mixture up to the nuts are evenly coated.
5. Transfer to the paper and pour the remaining syrup over them using a spoon. Separate the nuts and cool down for about 5 minutes.
6. In a large bowl, add the cabbage and scallions and toss them with the vinaigrette. Add the walnuts and blue cheese as toppings.
Fat 19 gram
Saturated Fat 4 gram
Sodium 267 gram
Carbs 12 gram
Fiber 2 gram